Join Us in Making a Difference!
Grants Officer – Heart of England Community Foundation
Salary: £25,000 – £27,000 per year Contract: Fixed Term – 18 months Location: Coventry – Flexible Working
About Us: At the Heart of England Community Foundation, we’re on a mission to create a fairer, happier, and healthier Midlands. We’ve been the beating heart of England since 1995, proudly awarding over £35 million to 7,000 great causes. We believe in nurturing philanthropy, connecting donors who care with impactful community initiatives, and championing equality and diversity.
The Role: As a Grants Officer, you’ll be at the heart of our grantmaking activities, ensuring the delivery of funding to frontline projects. Your role involves assessing grant applications, conducting due diligence, and managing the monitoring of successful awards. You’ll be a key player in promoting our awarded grants and celebrating positive news about our grantmaking.
- Assessing funding applications against specific criteria.
- Conducting due diligence on organizations and their policies.
- Producing high-quality documentation for panel meetings.
- Recording essential information on our database.
- Identifying and sharing compelling stories of change.
- Collaborating with the Marketing and Communications Team.
- Liaising with Finance for prompt payment of awards.
- Representing the Charity professionally, both internally and externally.
- Experience in assessing applications and due diligence.
- Understanding of charities, social enterprises, and not-for-profit organizations.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to engage with diverse stakeholders.
- Intermediate IT skills, including CRM systems and Microsoft Office.
- Self-motivated with effective organizational skills.
- Flexibility to occasionally work evenings and weekends.
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- 6% employer pension contribution.
- Ongoing personal and professional learning.
- Free onsite parking.
- Employee Assistance Scheme.
- Discounted gym membership.
- Flexible working, including work from home.
How to Apply: To apply for this role, please send your CV and Cover Letter (no more than two pages) to email@example.com. The deadline for applications is Friday, 8th December 2023, at 12 pm. Interviews are anticipated to be held on 12th December 2023.
Download a Recruitment Pack to see more about this role and access the Role Description and Person Specification
Join us in creating positive change and impact in our community. Good luck!