Refugee Week (19th – 25th June) is the worlds largest arts and culture festival celebrating the contributions, resilience and creativity of refugees and people seeking sanctuary.
The Foundation is honored to have had the opportunity to fund creative projects to be delivered during the festival via the Together in Solihull Fund in partnership with Solihull Council.
Community groups and charities based in Solihull were able to apply for grants for projects that are to be specifically delivered during the week-long festival. The Foundation has awarded a total of £18,774 to six groups delivering exciting creative projects supporting the resettlement, integration, and inclusion of people from refugee and migrant communities in Solihull:
- Afghan Community & Welfare Centre were funded to deliver music, art, poetry and employment support workshops
- Solihull Moors Foundation were funded to host a celebratory football tournament
- Polish Expats Association CIC were funded deliver a fashion workshop featuring Ukrainian Erasmus students
- Art at the Heart CIC were funded to deliver five days of activities which will involve creating a large-scale mosaic piece of art
- BE WATER HONGKONGERS CIC were funded to deliver an array of different projects and events concerning employment, cultural integration, music and art
- UK welcomes Refugees were funded to set up social / activity hubs for Hongkongers in Solihull.
Click here for more information on Refugee Week.