Grants up to £5,000 are available for organisations working with disadvantaged young people in Birmingham and the Black Country.
The fund prioritises:
- Projects working in innovative ways to inspire young people and keep them out of the criminal justice system.
- Projects aiming to create a positive impact in local communities and encourage sustainability of resources to continue the work with disadvantaged young people.
Grants can be awarded for projects that will meet one or more of the following aims:
- Practically helping young people to develop skills so they are prepared for work e.g. opportunities to gain work experience and mock interviews with employers
- Supporting young people who are in the process of leaving care so that they develop skills to live independently
- Raising aspirations of young people by offering mentoring opportunities – these placements should have outcomes for each individual and an individualised plan which shows growth
For the full eligibility criteria please read the Fund Factsheet.