Applying for Grants
Heart of England Community Foundation makes applying for project funding simple and easy.
The grants team would love to talk to you about your project idea before you start to complete an online application.
Contact the Grants Team on 02476 883262 or 02476 883265 for an informal chat.
This is a general guide – always check the Available Grants section for additional information on each Funder.
If you are still not sure please call the grants team, on 024 7688 3297.
Please allow a minimum of 16 weeks between making an application and your project start date.
What we’ll fund:
- Applications must be from within Birmingham and the Black Country, Coventry, Warwickshire and Solihull – if you are based outside this area contact your local Community Foundation
- Groups must usually have less than £250,000 income (this may vary depending on the funder)
Your project must demonstrate:
- A wider community benefit and an identified need e.g. health, young people, elderly, community cohesion etc.
- Involvement of local people
- Locally based
- Supports self-help and voluntary efforts
- Neighbourhood or grass roots based projects
- An aim to tackle isolation and exclusion
- Help for vulnerable people
Please note that if you are a social enterprise or Community Interest Company (CIC) we advise that you please read our guidance document before applying. Click here to download CIC guidance.
The following will not be funded:
- Statutory bodies
- Larger charities that are based outside the area
- Schools and churches etc. UNLESS it is for a wider community benefit e.g. a church hall that serves the wider community
- General and major fundraising appeals
- Mainstream activities of schools and colleges
- Promotion of religious causes
- Sporting clubs except where addressing disadvantage
- Medical Research
- Animal Welfare
- Political activities
- Organisations with substantial reserves